- Virginia breaks ground on I-66 HOT lanes project, without the ground
- New docs describe how I-66 toll lanes outside the Beltway will work
- Court ruling on Purple Line could set back light-rail construction
- Union Station - Navy Yard Circulator Station Temporarily Relocated Due to Construction
- Dupont Circle - Georgetown-Rosslyn Circulator Station Temporarily Relocated Due to Construction
- Georgetown - Union Station Circulator Temporarily Relocated Due to Construction
- Contractor granted permission to begin pre-construction work on Purple Line
- Traffic relief: U.S. 1 widening starting soon in Prince William Co.
- Traffic deaths up in cities that turn off red-light cameras
- Residents say transportation is D.C. region’s biggest challenge
- Traffic Cameras Powered by District Department of Transportation
- Traffic Cameras Powered by Maryland Department of Transportation
- Traffic Cameras Powered by Virginia Department of Transportation
- Traffic Cameras Powered by TrafficLand.com
Paul Wiedefeld stood on an overcrowded platform at Union Station, watching as trains came and went, too full to pick up more commuters. Metro was making him – the general manager of Washington’s subway system – late for a meeting about customer service.
The pilot program follows installation and testing over the course of the spring and summer. Overall, Metro is installing Wi-Fi at all 91 stations by the end of the year for internal engineering and operational use.
For at least the first morning of Metro’s SafeTrack maintenance surge on the Red Line, it appears commuters heeded calls from public officials about finding alternative modes of transportation.
The City of College Park is gearing up to promote and expand its new bike-share program when students, faculty and staff return to the University of Maryland campus later this August.
Nearly six months since its long-awaited debut, the District’s first streetcar line in more than half a century is quietly exceeding early ridership projections while avoiding the kinds of mishaps that have placed the Metrorail system under constant and intense scrutiny. Although not without its…